Listen: Phoenix “Entertainment” ß Released this week; first single from their upcoming album
Bonus track: Dragonette “Run Run Run” Sunshine Jones Remix ß Also fresh. They released this on Wednesday. Frankly, I like the album version better.
Quotable: “An old trick well done is far better than a new trick with no effect.” — Harry Houdini [source]
Links worth checking out (even if you don’t read or watch the whole thing)
- Don’t call me Oscar ADORBZ!
- 10 years after decriminalizing all drugs, Portugal is overrun by crackheads. Just kidding. Drug abuse is down by half.
- Being given superpowers makes people nicer to others
- Optical calibration targets for drones
- Mississippi ratifies the 13th amendment… 147 years late.
- 5 examples of how the languages we speak can affect the way we think
- This isn’t TV. It’s real life!
- The Mini Film Critic: A First-grader Judges Oscar-nominated Movies by Their Posters
- 19 Clicks to Kevin Bacon
- The Human Test (Volume 1.1.1)
- Harlem reacts to the Harlem Shake Summary: That is not the Harlem Shake and Harlem is deeply offended.
- Airplane Lavatory Portraits ß much more hilarious than you might expect.
- What does an ant colony look like? Watch a video about it.
- Best and Worst Local Business Taglines
- Want subject lines to your phone calls? There’s an app for that.
- Solar System lollipops! COOL!
- Tetris: Winning an unwinnable game
- Badass surfing video
- How many heartbeats per lifetime?
Meme of the Week: Double Dream Hands Because I went to the movies over the weekend and saw that Sprint pre-movie turn-off-your-cell-phones commercial